As a dog owner, it is important to know which toys are best for your dog, and why they are beneficial. Take into account not only the health and physical benefits of a new toy, but also the intellectual perks! This list breaks down the most popular kinds of toys, and why they are loved by our four-legged friends!
The Overall Importance of Dog Toys:
Exercise is a crucial part of a dogs health, and the primary reason dog owners keep toys around.
Stimulate the Mind:
Dogs can very easily become bored, causing them to misbehave, be disobedient, and destructive. With a combination of exercise and intellectual stimulation, it is possible for even the most high-energy dog to relax. You know what they say, “a tired dog is a good dog!”
Canines are natural pack animals. Once you bring a pup home they need the necessary bonding to feel accepted. Playtime is the best way to easily bond with your new buddy!
Dental hygiene is a big part of your dogs health. It’s your responsibility to help them out! Invest in toys that are designed to clean your pups teeth while playing. These toys encourage chewing which stimulates saliva and helps to diminish plaque.
Top Dog Toys
There are tons of dog toys on the market today. Here are some that are pup-ular and why:
- Benebone: These tough toys can be several different yummy flavors, such as bacon, chicken, and peanut butter, so your pup will love them! The unique shapes the Benebone comes in is also great for holding between paws. These toys are proudly based in the USA and contain no chemicals or artificial flavors.
- KONG: This brand of dog toys offers everything from tennis balls, to rubber rings and bones, to plush stuffed animals, and they’re are all known for being “built-for-chew.” The durable, nonabrasive material used to make KONG toys is good on your pups teeth, and most toys include squeakers and can bounce for added fun!
- Nylabone: This brand manufactures dog chews, bones, toys, and more, that are designed to meet the chewing needs of any dog breed. Their “Galileo Natural Nearly Indestructible Bone” goes down in history as being the world’s strongest nylon dog bone and is proven to help keep your dog’s teeth clean. The combination of teeth cleaning, gum massaging, and hours of entertainment is unbeatable!
- Zippypaws: For the snugglers out there, Zippypaws has the cutest plush toys! Their products are made with fashion, and with durability in mind. Toy shapes range from food items, such as sushi, tacos, french fries, and donuts, to playful animals like hedgehogs, penguins, and chipmunks. They also offer “tough toys” and toys with “no stuffing” for the extreme chewers.
- TRIXIE Pet Toy: Strategy and snack toys provide optimal activity and playtime for your pooch. TRIXIE brand provides games with multiple compartments and drawers that hide treats, and it’s your pups job to figure out how to retrieve the prizes! These toys are made from durable plastic and have floor grips, so your pup will stay busy for hours.
As much fun as it would be, dog owners can’t spend every waking minute entertaining their pup. That’s where a good dog toy comes in handy! Remember: the key is finding a toy he simply can’t put down (think: a human with a cell phone), that’s safe and durable, while also providing necessary dental cleaning, physical activity, and mental stimulation.